Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The beginning...


Every idea has a good beginning and a good end. It is just that most of
us do not hold on until it works out. My idea of being an entrepreneur
started when I was in my 11th standard. I wanted to start an automobile
business. The spark because of a lot of reasons, starting from the
movie “Guru” to the love I had for automobiles. It still took me two years
to consider the idea seriously. Most of us do the mistake I did,
evaluating our own idea too prematurely; deciding it is not worth a shot. I
then became a part of an organisation called Entrepreneurship
development cell(EDC) inside my college, it then struck me. You never
think of an idea ,you get infected with it, it should be everything inside
you, your thoughts, your dreams, your passion, your love. The first step I
took was channelizing my idea. From the vagueness of just doing an
automobile business, I decided I will start a complete automobile factory;
I named it as Phoenix Automotive India Private Limited (PAIPL).I wrote
tag lines for my company, created logos etc. Though it did look like a
long shot, there wasn’t a single point of time I ever doubted whether I
will start it. The idea was so full of me, But then as we know dreaming
alone doesn’t get you to your goal. We will have to work towards it, I
wrote down a plan on how I am going to achieve my idea. I realized on
what I lack, coming from a family of accountants and bank employees
no one in my family knew anything about business. My first
obstacle :knowledge about automobiles.For that I joined my friends
business of modifying bikes and cars and for two years now I have been
with him modifying almost every bike, I read about automobiles, their
manufacturing and everything I could find about on them.My second
obstacle: exposure. In order to get an exposure on how to run a
business, I had to run one and see. To do this I joined EDC, worked my
way up in the club. Waited upon when there were times when my voice
went unheard Most people would say luck is an important factor in
success, True, If you can call working hard for something and waiting
and trying again and again until you succeed in something luck then yes
luck is important. Everything fell into place when I worked and waited, A
very supportive staff came for EDC, I became the president, the team
set in, the management agreed for starting up our colleges first campus
business and when everything clicked I started with my team the first
commercial business inside the campus run by students. An “Aavin”
refreshment outlet on September 24,2011.From then till now we have
received a lot of praise and appreciation for the work we did, and then
we expanded and opened another refreshment stall of “Lavazza”.We
then won the award for the Top 5 judge’s choice Best Student
Entrepreneur awarded by TATA and NEN(National Entrepreneurship
Network).Now I almost every week a new company calls me and asks
for a meeting to start up their company inside our campus. I am now
working on launching a paint shop. Though I did handle these obstacles
there are still many left and many more to come but I am sure I will work
my way up from here to my dream. Interestingly, when I used to tell
people before that I will start PAIPL ,the company would manufacture
cars better than Mercedes or Ferrari people used to laugh at me, But
now when I say the same they look up at me and say I can do it.

I am sure I will. :)

Most ideas never get noticed, It is because they do not get enough opportunities to expose it or those who borne those ideas do not utilize such opportunities. The Icubed organised by Bhumi is one such platform where you can showcase your idea and let the world now your presence. Seize the opportunity. I am going to be a part of it, are you?


2 comments: